College not returning my original certificates asking for full fees

I have dropped out of college. My original certificates are with the college. Now when i am asking them for my documents they are asking for the complete course fees. What action can i take?

Answers (3)

291 votes

Dear client first send legal notice through lawyer to college management and ask return of documents. If college will not return u documents then u can file case in court for recovery of documents for the same contact lawyer from yr area. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

Check the terms and conditions signed by you during admission in the college and on that basis you may thru advocate issue a legal notice and thereafter if they fail to return the documents file complaint with eduacation ministry and court. But first check the terms and conditions before taking any action.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
58 votes

The college cannot withhold your certificates. You can get an order from the appropriate court with a mandate to the college to return your certificates. It depends on the period of course attended by you before you dropped out that will determine any charges to be paid or not.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles