What is the share of daughters in property under hsa

Apex court in Ganduri koteshwaramma case it is held daughter whose father died before 2005 amendment is coparcener and allotted equal share to her. But later co equal bench held father if died before 2005 amendment daughter is not coparcener. Whether earlier judgement is binding or not

Answers (3)

269 votes

please see which the larger bench of the Apex Court. It is better on your part to have personal hearing from experienced advocate on civil law. The law on coparcener is settled that the daughter must have his father alive on the date of coming into force of the Act, to have equal right along with sons, and also if there is no partition among the father and sons by valid deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

later judgement is binding on bcoz supreme court clarified who is entitled the share in the property, hence daughter is not copasrcener. she can only entitled share from his father which falls to him.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
76 votes

Apex court finally held that the amendment to section 6 of Hindu Succession Act is prospective in nature as per the term " on and from and from the commencement of the Hindu succession amendment Act of 2005 " . You can go through http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/Hindu-daughters-rights-to-seek-partition-in-ancestral-property-8077.asp for more details.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles