Procedure to register employee Union

Dear sir, pls advise me procedure for register an employee union. step by step and also tell about pre union documents.

Answers (2)

129 votes

1. Any group of seven or more persons can form a Trade Union.

2. No Trade Union of the workmen shall be registered unless at least 10% or 100, which ever is less,
persons engaged or employed in the Establishment or industry with which it is connected are the
members of such trade union on the date of making of application for registration.
Every application for registration of a Trade union shall be made in (Form A) appended to the Trade Unions Act 1926 before the Registrar of Trade Unions and shall be accompanied by a copy of Rules of the trade union and a statement giving following particulars.

(a) Names, occupations and address of the members making application.
(b) The name of the Trade union and the address of its lead Office.
The titles, names, ages addresses and occupations of the (office bearers) of the trade union as per format given in Form A appended to the Trade Unions Act 1926.

In addition, the following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form:-

• Photocopy of Minutes Book

• Photocopy of Membership Forms

• Photocopy of Membership Register

• Specimen of Cash Receipt

• Specimen of Cash Expenditure Voucher

• Photocopy of Cash Book

• Two Copies of constitution incorporating all items as prescribed in (Scheduled II) of the Trade Unions Act, 1926 (Annexure A)

• Photocopy of Service/Employment Proof of all members of union

• Affidavit from General Secretary of Union in prescribed format ( Annexure –B)

• N.O.C. from the owner for Union office.

• Duly paid Treasurery Challan ( Registration fee)

• (Schedule III) (Where a trade union is in existence for more than a year bfore making an application to the Registrar the application should be accompanied by a general statement of assets and liabilities of the trade union as Form A appended to the Trade Unions Act 1926)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

77 votes

You have not mention about which area private or government sector including where government company or private company, factory- normal factory or hazardous factory . So , I am unable to answer your question
For Further Query contact lawrato

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles