Police verification for govt job

In Civil Law
hi, mera chote bhai ki papa ki jagah MCD me job ke liye letter aya he, but us par hamare padosi ne ladki ched chad ki FIR kar di but do din baad compromise Ho gaya aur usne ek affidavit thane me jama kar diya, ab uska govt job ke liye police verification hona he kya ye clear Ho paayega police verification me

Answers (3)

245 votes

Generally, for most government jobs in India, including jobs with Municipal Corporations like MCD, police verification is a mandatory requirement. Even if an individual has submitted an affidavit at the police station, it does not replace the requirement for police verification for a government job.

The police verification process involves verifying the candidate's personal, educational, and employment history, as well as checking for any criminal records or involvement in any criminal activity. This process helps to ensure the integrity and security of government jobs.

Therefore, it is likely that police verification would still be required for a government job with MCD in India, even if an individual has submitted an affidavit at the police station.

161 votes
Although there should not be any problem in the verification process but i would suggest that you should go to high court for quashing of FIR....since it FIR has already been done. Same affidavit can be presented before the high court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


159 votes
Police verification is a character certificate in which local police station verifies the status of the person whether involved in any crime mainly heinous crime and also gives report of pending, disposed off cases. And, in your matter the compromise has been taken place hence it is not any huge issue. Positive verification is subject to involvement in any other crime. But, according to your version, positive verification is very much possible.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

Dilip biswas
Is releave name mention as referee in police verification form for WB govt job

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."