How to vacate a stay order in case if child custody mater

District family Court had ordered interem custody of my son in the week ends to me. I am the natural gardien of my son. My wife is expired. But my uncle, wife father got stay from high court. now what should I do, can i vacate stay order. main petition still pending in dist family Court. if I not vacate stay, is there any impact on main petition judgment. kindly give me advice.

Answers (2)

260 votes

Firstly if their is stay then it has to be seen whether their is stay on the complete case of district court or only on the petition for grant of interim custody, check that first . Secondly you have to file a counter to vacate the orders of the honble high court . Surely if you dont file in the high court it may have impact on the seriousness of the case.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

Dear Client you must get vacate stay order of High Court by engaging an advocate at High Court. Order of High Court will not allow you to visit your child. After disposal of the main petition you will get main order it may be in your favour or not depending on the contents and evidence of your petition.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles