Can a person do course without informing govt. department working in?
Can a person do a course from a university while doing a government job without informing the department. What action can be taken against such person?
Generally if you are joining any institute for Course, you are required to inform your department, especially when you want to take advantage of the course.
If you are performing your duty and attending classes without harming govt interest, no action can be taken if there are no specific instructions issued to the employees in this regard.
You can also inform the department after obtaining the degree, but if you were attending classes or having managed attendance during your duty/working hours questions can be raised on your admission to institute.
If you have a specific query you must share freely to take better advantage, we will protect your privacy.
With Warm Wishes
Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Military Lawyer and Advocate, New Delhi
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)Dwarka, Delhi
It will depend on service rules. It will also depend on nature of course undertaken. If it is distance learning or online course you usually don't need permission. I am assuming its a government job. Even if its contractual it will depend upon terms and conditions of contract.
Advocate Charu MathurSupreme Court of India, Delhi
There is no generalised answer to your question.The service conditions governing your employment would have to be looked into.
However in general it would be necessary to inform the department otherwise you may not apply for leave to take the exam or when you may like to add your qualification in your service records you may be in trouble.
Advocate Pravin SharmaDelhi High Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- A criminal case is filed but both party want compromise what can I do
- Building demolition order passed by development authority What to do
- What is the procedure for loan against property
- Filed case against husband can I claim maintenance for my daughter
- Undertaking of Indian Parents