quesCan a person do course without informing govt. department working in?

Can a person do a course from a university while doing a government job without informing the department. What action can be taken against such person?

  • ansGenerally if you are joining any institute for Course, you are required to inform your department, especially when you want to take advantage of the course.
    If you are performing your duty and attending classes without harming govt interest, no action can be taken if there are no specific instructions issued to the employees in this regard.
    You can also inform the department after obtaining the degree, but if you were attending classes or having managed attendance during your duty/working hours questions can be raised on your admission to institute.

    If you have a specific query you must share freely to take better advantage, we will protect your privacy.

    With Warm Wishes
    Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
    Military Lawyer and Advocate, New Delhi

  • ansIt will depend on service rules. It will also depend on nature of course undertaken. If it is distance learning or online course you usually don't need permission. I am assuming its a government job. Even if its contractual it will depend upon terms and conditions of contract.

    Advocate Charu Mathur

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansThere is no generalised answer to your question.The service conditions governing your employment would have to be looked into.
    However in general it would be necessary to inform the department otherwise you may not apply for leave to take the exam or when you may like to add your qualification in your service records you may be in trouble.

    Advocate Pravin Sharma

      Delhi High Court, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a contractual employee in education deptt, govt of odisha, but me other employees…

I am a pregnant employee (4 months) who has been working in an IT Public…

Dear Sir/Madam, I want to know that I am working in the private travel company…

I have worked with a startup firm. They suddenly discontinued my services without any notice…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly