×

quesCan a person do course without informing govt. department working in?

Can a person do a course from a university while doing a government job without informing the department. What action can be taken against such person?

• ansGenerally if you are joining any institute for Course, you are required to inform your department, especially when you want to take advantage of the course.
    If you are performing your duty and attending classes without harming govt interest, no action can be taken if there are no specific instructions issued to the employees in this regard.
    You can also inform the department after obtaining the degree, but if you were attending classes or having managed attendance during your duty/working hours questions can be raised on your admission to institute.

If you have a specific query you must share freely to take better advantage, we will protect your privacy.

With Warm Wishes
    Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
    Military Lawyer and Advocate, New Delhi

• ansIt will depend on service rules. It will also depend on nature of course undertaken. If it is distance learning or online course you usually don't need permission. I am assuming its a government job. Even if its contractual it will depend upon terms and conditions of contract.

Advocate Charu Mathur

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansThere is no generalised answer to your question.The service conditions governing your employment would have to be looked into.
    However in general it would be necessary to inform the department otherwise you may not apply for leave to take the exam or when you may like to add your qualification in your service records you may be in trouble.

Advocate Pravin Sharma

Delhi High Court, Delhi

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only