Obtained LLB degree without attending college what is the punishment

In Civil Law
If someone has obtained LLB degree & registered with Indian bar council without attending collage. What punishment this person will get if exposed? It can easily be proven that the person in question was in a city which was more then 300 km away, for good 5–6 months in the first year and 4–5 months in the final year. The collage somehow allowed this person to waive the attendance. Now this person is registered in bar council of India.

Answers (2)

284 votes

first thing is that no any college can give any degree beyond the rules as prescribed and other side if any advocate guilty of professional or other misconduct , then on receipt of a complaint Bar council can initiate the proceeding as provisioned in section 35 of The Advocate Act, 1961 and after giving opportunity of hearing if his misconduct has been proved then his name can be remove from the state roll of advocates.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

131 votes

Dear ,
it is true that one should be available in college but once he has obtained membership and registration in bar council it will take a long to reach on conclusion by any court as there would be so many hearing and process shall go up to Honble supreme court and finally it is bar council which will give it's opinion and most of the time they remain sympathetic . but one thing why you are so negative? what is your locus? why you are against a person ? as a human being I suggest you to leave negativity.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles