Need information regarding proper POA

My Brother is at canada He has made a general POA where my my father is the only agent Now can my father give POA where me and my brother are agents

Answers (3)

54 votes

May I consider that POA stands for "Power of Attorney".If I have correctly understood the full form of POA, please note that The Powers of Attorney Act 1882 as amended as on date, governs the law relating to Powers of attorney and nothing can be done incontravention of the provisions of the said enactment.Should further information on your query is required, you may contact me through lawRato only.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

Unless owner or the excutant has given power to the POA that he cal also give power to another power to another person to proceed with the same, it is not possible or not permissible under law that the POA can appoint another POA. In the absence of such clause, the person who is having the 2nd Power is not valid in law and what ever the transaction with him is not correct in eye of law. Hence please check out the POA granted from the end of your brother whether clause of delegation is there or not.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
341 votes

No. Your father cannot make POA as because he is not the owner. He is POA holder. A person who the owner/proprietor only has the right to make a POA. So your brother can make the same after revocation of the existing POA.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles