Buyer not getting name changed in authorities after buying property

Hello All, I belong to Ahmedabad (Gujarat). I have recently sell by flat in Ahmedabad. My concern is that the buyer is not changing the name in: 1. Torrent Power Electricity board (company that provides electricity in Ahmedabad) 2. Adani PNG Gas (company that company PNG gas supply). 3. Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation property tax. Because of above, the bills of these are still coming in my name, as the buyer has not done the process of name change. I have requested him few times and he is saying yes he will do it but not actually doing it. My concern is that as these bills are coming in my name still, am I responsible to pay it although the property has been sold or what. I am confused and getting what to do. At worst I am thinking that I will not pay it and let the companies disconnect services, then ultimately the buyer will have to do process. Can someone please guide. I needed I can provide more information or details.

Once you have sold the property it is purchasers duty to enrol his name as owner of the property in all concerned records and he has to pay all the bills from the date of sale deed. So if he doent pay you need not pay the same.

serve him a legal notice and also inform all the concerned authorities regarding the same with a copy of index showing his name in the property. keep these documents with you it will help you in case of any difficulties in future

Dear Sir,
these bills are called Utility Bills and they are related to its actual user and you have already transferred the property and you must be having the Xerox of sale deed, you are immune from any liability arising out of the said consumption. Even if the bills are remain in your name, it would not affect you at all. However, if you want to double sure, you may issue a legal notice to him directing to register his name in such records or you will not be giving NOC in future due to stressed caused to you by his negligent act.

Sir,

The decision taken by you is proper. Let the electricity and gas connection get disconnected, then the new owner will have no choice but to get the names changed.

However, in the meantime it will be proper if you were to address a letter to the electricity company, the gas company and the new owner of the property, explaining that you shall not be liable to pay any money nor shall you be liable if the connections are disconnected.