I am muslim can I do second marriage

hello sir i am mohamed from tirupur tamilnadu i need second marry i married last 6ys on first wifes some affair dobuts in me 2 female child here some time that girl talk to me settlement then divorce many times talk me so i decide second marry with out divorce muhammethan persnol law available @ india or no i need deatailes

Answers (1)

As per Muslim Personal Law, a Muslim male can marry another Muslim girl without dissolving the existing marriage or divorcing the spouse of the existing marriage. This law is applicable in India too. You need not take permission of the first wife for this purpose, however as per the general law, if you are an employee or Government or Public Sector or State government, the appropriate rules for conduct of employees and service rules shall apply for all employees in common. The service regulations and CCS says that an employee can be held to have done an at of bigamy if he marries another girl during the subsistence of the previous marriage and a spouse living of that marriage.
So confirm if you are a government employee or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Neelkanth Hingraj Goswami
Dhobi Ali, Thane
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are muslim, 3 sisters and 1 brother.i need to know how the property will be divided within us. My father has one side and two houses. Please explai…

Read More

My mother having one brother .grandfather of mom dad saying that there is no share in property of agriculture in karnataka only brother is getting is …

Read More

My husband wants to get separated when I want to live together. Since he's stubborn on his word I gave consent for mutual divorce. We met his lawy…

Read More

What it the procedure to transfer my late fathers property in my family name.he left no will.ww are muslims…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue