Remedy to evict tenant in case of no rent agreement or rent receipts

I have two shops together, one shop is on rent from last 15 years and the second shop is vacant. The rental sho is given without any rental agreement and has been recieving rent in cash from last 15 years without any proof. The person to whom i have given the shop has sold his running business to some other person and that other person is running the same business under his name. That other person who has takenover is also giving me rent on cash without any proof. When i said him to vacate the shop, he said me to use the second vacant shop i have. Now as i neither have any rental agreement nor any rent recieved proofs, can i vacate my shop. Kindly guide me in detail. Thanks.

Answers (2)

274 votes

You can file eviction petition before rent controller on the basis of personal necessity and arrears of rent and it's your choice to which shop you get wanted to eject moreover you should claim rent for the last three years and if he do not deposit the same in court than court will pass eviction order. For detail information you can call me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

70 votes

Yes you can vacate your shop under relevant tenancy laws of your state. It will be either Suit for Eviction or Rent petition. Since the person is staying from past 15 years and no receipt of rent, it is a difficult case in your favour. But you will have it in the end for sure. Early you start, more time you will have or it will pass on to children to defend. Good luck!

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."