Complaint against employer for not paying salary due for 4 months.

Hi, I have not been paid by 4 mths salary by my current employer, he doesn't refuse but are not paying even. Please help.

Answers (3)

Pl serve a demand letter to your employer and thereafter if the employer still not make the payment, pl file a claim Application under Sec33C(2) of industrial Disputes Act 1947 before a Labour Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You must immediately issue him the legal notice. You may further file a suit or approach Labour court/commissioner for recovering your dues with interest and penalty. The jurisdiction will be determined depending upon your designation and the nature of employment you are in to.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

obviously what for are you working if you are not paid?
First take their acknowledgment by signature in someway like Move an application to remind your employer that you have not been paid for 4 months, asking him for releasing your earlier dues. and keep duplicate with you in receipt of your application.
if he will not pay you within a week mention time period to release your earlier dues. thereafter give 15 days notice or 1 month. thereafter you can file suit.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am studying Pharm D in Hyderabad. My college is not giving the stipend to my instesnhip. According to Pharmacy Council of India, every pharm D Inter…

Read More

Sir JB mai 9th class mai tha tb meri larai mere ek dost ke sath ho gai thi or uske bad ye bat police station mai chli gai phir hm dono party nai apas …

Read More

I want to get my construction license of work limit up to 10 lakh from PWD B&R Civil and want the name of the firm to be registered as " JAI …

Read More

In the office memorandum of Govt of India, Govt has withdraw the time limit for making the compassionate appointment dated 26/07/2012 and 17 January 2…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue