One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Panchkula - Advocate Priyanka Walia

Advocate Priyanka Walia

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRato 2.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoKalka, Panchkula
LawRato11 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Civil, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Domestic Violence, Family, Labour & Service
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Priyanka Walia completed her law in the year 2013 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Family, Criminal, Civil, Consumer Court, Labour & Service and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Priyanka enrolled with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana in 2013. She is a member of the Panchkula Bar Association & Chandigarh Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : P/2258/2013
  • District Court, Chandigarh
  • District Court, Mohali
  • District Court, Panchkula
  • Punjab and Haryana High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Panchkula

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Priyanka Walia. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Priyanka Walia

Q: What should I do if my husband has abandoned me and my daughter

I am married for 6+ years with 3 year old daughter(US born) residing in USA.I moved to USA following my husband decided to work here. 1) Mental Torture : I underwent in lot of mental torture from the begining of the marriage.My husband always threatened me to divorce me.He will say i want divorce atleast 10 times on the daily basis. 2) Irresponsible: He is not taking any responsibility of me and my daughter.He has moved out of my USA residence from last 5 months.He is not supporting me financially also.I am surviving with my low income job.When i started using his accounts to pay home rent he blocked all his accounts for me.And sent me mail stating that we have emotionally,physcially,spiritually divorced.In actual he just moved out no legal action has taken for the divorce.I do not know what to do in the foreign land without any help from parents/my family. I can not come back to USA as i have all the household setup with house lease which i can not break in between.pls suggest some

Advocate Priyanka Walia answered
Here is a stepwise solution on, what to do if NRI wife is harassed by spouse.Step 1 First and foremost, you must not come under pressure to accept your ill-treatment, abuse or desertion.Step 2 You can approach the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate for assistance/advice, to file a complaint with the local police about harassment, abandonment, ill-treatment, etc.Step 3 The Indian Embassy/Consulate can assist in providing contact details of local NGOs, approach the local police, contact your family/friends, etc. who could help you.Step 4 The Indian Mission can be contacted for initial legal/financial assistance to file a case against your husband in the foreign country.File the police complaint locally and try to solve the problem with the help of local authority first.Step 5 As the NRI holds the Indian citizenship they can file for cases under the Indian Penal Code for 498A, or other such penal provisions in the Indian Court.Step 6 Indian courts are competent to entertain such pleas. Therefore, do not be afraid of legal issues while filing the case.

Q: Legal action against company not providing the salary since 4 months

I was working in a private limited company and they have not paid my salary for last 4 months. When ever i ask them they tell that they are in financial problem and do not have money. They keep telling me that we will send some money in 1 week, 5days, 10 days, etc. Every time they are making excuses. I am really fed up of their false promises. Now they do not respond to my calls, i have to keep calling then someone will answer. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Advocate Priyanka Walia answered
Many private sector employees face same situation you are in.I suggest you to resign with your cause mentioned in the resignation and before resignation give them a representation having duly received by them as proof that you are an unpaid employee. and search out some other job for yourself.hand over your case to some lawyer who can represent you.

Q: Legal action against brothers attempted to murder for property

Yesterday night when i was talking about wrong things my 2 brothers were fight with me for no reason and try to kill me...i had injured marks on my face and head ,throats, tooth....please i request you to take a serious action immediately..

Advocate Priyanka Walia answered
Talking even in abusive language is no legal offence.Unless you use criminal force against someone with the intention to hurt, grievous Hurt, Murder.You can approach your nearest police station with a copy of your (M.L.R.) medical Legal Report and report the same to the police officer. and he will register your F.I.R. And thereafter police will call your two brothers bring both the parties before Magistrate.

Q: Suppression of facts and termination from Government service

Regarding NOC for central government employee Hello I working 4600 GP post in central government .I selected 5400 GP post in Central another central government institution without NOC from present employer, wher in the 5400 GP post application , interview and document verification I did not mentioned as i am central government employee as well as not intimated to present employer ,along with this connection the duration of experience certificate attached new post is overlapping to present working duration wich is mandatory and essential requirements hence i did not intimated to the present employer so i have not applied for No objection certificate .All though i approached for NOC but didn't get .In attestation documents shall I mention the previous employer details? Is this looks suppression of metrail facts ? Do I terminate if new employer come to know about my previous employment details through Permanent Retirement account Number.

Advocate Priyanka Walia answered
proper details are missing like which department and group of post, designation. etc. whether your conduct amounts to suppression of facts or not is to been from the point of view of employer and employment terms.

Q: Complaint against employer for not paying salary due for 4 months.

Hi, I have not been paid by 4 mths salary by my current employer, he doesn't refuse but are not paying even. Please help.

Advocate Priyanka Walia answered
obviously what for are you working if you are not paid?First take their acknowledgment by signature in someway like Move an application to remind your employer that you have not been paid for 4 months, asking him for releasing your earlier dues. and keep duplicate with you in receipt of your application.if he will not pay you within a week mention time period to release your earlier dues. thereafter give 15 days notice or 1 month. thereafter you can file suit.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Priyanka Walia

Can Advocate Priyanka Walia represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Priyanka Walia can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Priyanka Walia?

When you meet with Advocate Priyanka Walia for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Priyanka Walia?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Priyanka Walia, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Priyanka Walia?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Priyanka Walia, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Priyanka Walia?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Priyanka Walia regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Priyanka Walia?

The cost of hiring Advocate Priyanka Walia can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.