How can i obtain Untraceable report from court to claim insurance

My Bike was stolen in January reported it to police FIR was filed insurance claim is pending as HDFC Ergo Insurance is askin for untrace report from court, now the problem is I live in Punjuab around 450 kms away from Gurgaon where my bike was stolen and FIR was submitted how many times police and insurance company would ask me top come down to Gurgaon for bloody a new document every time as now they are asking for untrace report after all the documents are submitted.

You will have to go through the whole procedure as mentioned below:
your vehicle has been stolen, the first thing to do will be to file a police report. Notify your insurance company as soon as you file the police report, this will help in case the thief has caused some damage to others with your vehicle. Also, please note, your insurance company will not process your claim if you have not filed a report with the police. It is also important to inform your RTO of the theft. When you notify your insurance company, provide them all the details of loan/lease of your car along with the FIR. Provide them with a description of your vehicle, mileage, service record if any. Also submit the list of personal items stolen along with the vehicle. Inform your financier immediately of the theft and ask them to discuss the case directly with your insurer this might expedite the claim process. In case the police recover the vehicle, inform your insurer about the same.
If the vehicle is recovered, the Insurance company is liable to pay compensation on damages caused to the vehicle as per the terms and conditions of your policy and for stolen items if any, which are covered under your policy.
If the vehicle is not recovered, the police have to provide a Non-Traceable Certificate (NTC) and the court will have to give a final report under sec 173 Crpc.
So, the insurance company must be asking for final report from the court, so after receiving NTC, the court will give you a final report.

Popular Insurance Lawyers