Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal remedy against police not giving acknowledgement of FIR

Hello sir, my re Property Registree document misplaced, I went to my nearest registration office and applied for copies, and went police station to complaint for F.I.R copy, they have taken my complaint but the are not giving any acnolodgement or f.i.r.copy. , for advertising in paper regarding misplaced documents paper people asking f.i.r copy.... what can I do now...

Answers (4)


You need to get an FIR registered with the police to publish about the loss of property documents in newspaper. If a complaint is registered against the lost property documents, the police will definitely give you the acknowledgment of the complaint registered and subsequently a copy of FIR when they register the same. Follow up with the PS and get the job done.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Please file a petition in the court asking the police to register the FIR based on your complaint. It is mandatory that an FIR is filed and police submit a non traceable report. Courts can help you get both the FIR and not traceable report from police.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

You can apply for certified copy and it can be useful to some extent but you can not get again a original one,any if you lost it you can give complaint in PS and if possible they can investigate for it after booking fir.

Hello Sir,

It is mandatory duty of giving acknowledgement copy of the initial registration of report to register the F.I.R.
You once again request the concerned Station House Officer and inform them your concern which is required to publish in the Newspaper. They helps you out.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Dear SirlMam A property dealer is black mailing me with a 10 rs stamp paper. He claims that he gave me 6 lakh rs against my wife name property. He has…

Read More

There is theft incident was happen at my home. Only mobile phones was stolen by thieve. FIR was lodge but still no action has been taken by police. Wh…

Read More

i was working as manager in a shop in a mall, one of my employees bike got stolen from the parking of the mall so he has accused me of that and was de…

Read More

After filing fir what is the court procedure to take action against accused…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue