How to get new documents if original documents of property are missing

Hi, we lost origin home document, we paying home tax,Water tax & EB bills almost 25 years finished all its in my mother name.The home property comes from my grandfather to his daughter she is my mother. initially proper document available recently I searched its missing. how to get a document? what is the procedure for making a document?

Answers (2)

175 votes

give a police complaint to the nearest police station as if the documents were missing during travel or say some valid reason and get the complaint registered. then give paper advertisement about the missing paper through an advocate. thereafter get a copy of the document from the concerned sub-registrar office and thereafter take action for change of name in the documents relating to house tax, EB Bill, etc., for changing the name you have to get legal heir certificate showing that you are the legal heir of your grandmother who owns the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

165 votes


You will have to first file a police complaint informing them of the theft and get a Non Traceable certificate. Upon receipt of the non-traceable certificate, you may approach the concerned sub registrar office and apply for duplicate copy of the said documents in accordance with the relevant provisions of the concerned law. I would need more relevant information to advise you the right course of action. Please get in touch with me so that I may do the needful.

Arunkungumaraj Subramanian

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles