DisOwn 14 year old daughter in New Delhi

Hi, Can a father & mother disown a daughter in India. The daughter is 14 years old & has done something which will Bring alot of shame for the family in the society.

Answers (2)

120 votes

The only bar is section 75 of juvenile Justice Act However the same can be complied with but you have to tslr few measures so as to make sure that you people do not find yourself in trouble. For more details Please Contact Us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

50 votes

Dear sir,
A father & mother can not disown a daughter in India because
An FIR will be registered under Section 75 of Juvenile Justice Act for disown a 14 years old daughter in India.
Generally, patents are still legally bound to care for and support their underage children who run away. 
The age at which a child legally becomes an adult varies from state to state, but in most states that age is 18. Most states that have parental responsibility laws have established the rule that patents can be held responsible for the acts of their child only until the child reaches 18 years of age.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."