Religion Conversion after registration of Marriage

In Documentation Law
I am a muslim girl and I am getting married to a hindu boy in Arya samaj for his parents happiness. So, I have to convert to hinduism first before getting married. Now after this we are also doing a court marriage. And as by then I will be a hindu, so the marriage certificate issued by the court will state the same. Now, the problem is, I am planning to revert to Islam in future as I am accepting hinduism right now just for the wedding at Arya samaj. So, if I do so, will it invalidate my marriage certificate issued by the court?

Answers (3)

296 votes

no, your marriage certificate will continue to remain valid notwithstanding the fact that you may subsequently convert to islam. there is nothing in the law to invalidate such a marriage. the court marriage is a wise option as that will take of any complications that may arise subsequently.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

Yes because you shall change name and ur name shall appear in the marriage certificate.

You shall again revert to Islam and restore ur original name then it shall invalidate ur marriage certificate.

The situation would be that you shall carry double identity.....

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Atulay Nehra
Sector 137, Noida
10 years Experience
198 votes

Yes if you revert to Islam it can be the ground of Divorce in future !! first make up your mind marriage once consummated as per Special marriage act and then if you change your religion it can be the ground for divorce for the boy..!!

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles