how can i transfer my property to my daughter?

I want to gift my flat to my daughter through gift deed. how can i do that what is the value of the stamp paper i need to pay for registration? what is the procedure can i gift it to my married daughter?

Answers (3)

243 votes

You need to execute the Gift Deed.
Stamp duty shall be attracted to this transaction.
Amount of Stamp Duty depends upon the state where the property is situated.
In Mumbai presently for this transaction stamp duty is 500/-
you can give to married daughter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

254 votes

You can gift your property to your married daughter and for that you have to pay the stamp duty on the total value of the property either as per ready reckoner or as per market value which ever is higher. In maharashtra stamp for gift deed is 2% of such value..


Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
191 votes

You can very well gift the flat to your daughter by gift deed . It should be compulsory registered before Sub. Registrar and as far as stamp duty is concern you have to approach your local sub. registrar office and get the valuation of the said flat and thereafter get draft prepared from an Expert lawyer and if their is any other daughter or son add them as consenting party and later on you have to also get medical certificate as a precautionary major to avoid further conflict and get it registered in the office.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles