Gun Licence for Army personnel

Sir I am serving in the Army and I am about to retire this year. I wanted to know the procedure to apply for a license for Defence personnel in Mumbai for resettlement as an armed guard. Also is it possible to transfer an existing license and rifle of one of my fellow serviceman in my name as he does not require the same.

sir there are several different types of arms as your are aware. Arms are classified into types and we require to know the purpose for which a person is applying for the licences. after retirement your status will change from serving army officers to retiree therefore the class of weapons that you may or may not apply for licenses also changes. I will require to make enquiries which will involve documentation. if you wish I can do this for you. however i will require you to meet me.