Gun Licence for Army personnel

Sir I am serving in the Army and I am about to retire this year. I wanted to know the procedure to apply for a license for Defence personnel in Mumbai for resettlement as an armed guard. Also is it possible to transfer an existing license and rifle of one of my fellow serviceman in my name as he does not require the same.

Answers (1)

232 votes

sir there are several different types of arms as your are aware. Arms are classified into types and we require to know the purpose for which a person is applying for the licences. after retirement your status will change from serving army officers to retiree therefore the class of weapons that you may or may not apply for licenses also changes. I will require to make enquiries which will involve documentation. if you wish I can do this for you. however i will require you to meet me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles