Procedure for Divorce

I want to know the procedure for divorce both mutually and individually. We got married when i was 17 and my husband was 26 years. We had a baby within a year and then after 3 years. I want a divorce from him.

We have no connect, be it mentally or socially. I could not take divorce because my parents pressurized me a bit too much. They said they would disown me if I broke the marriage. We have no relationship as such. I just think he uses me to fulfill his physical needs.

Is your husband ready to give you a divorce? If he is ready then both of you can jointly apply to the court for divorce, and the court will terminate your marriage within 8 months to a year. If he refuses to go for joint divorce then you can file for a divorce on the grounds available to you under the law.

In your case divorce by mutual consent is the best available option. If your husband is not willing to give you a divorce, a contested divorce may take years.

Since you have 2 young children, saving and sorting out your marriage is another option. You can visit a marriage counsellor for that. If the situation dosen't improve then you can file for a divorce. Age difference is no ground for divorce.