One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 3.7 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoJangpura Extension, Delhi
LawRato13 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Labour & Service, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi
dvocate S. Sethu Mahendran has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Mahendran provides services in various field of civil laws, criminal laws, family law, consumer cases, landlord/tenant matters, revenue related matters, arbitration matters, matrimonial related matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Mahendran enrolled with the Bar Council of Delhi in 2011. He is a member of the Delhi High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : D/1819/2011
  • Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Delhi
  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Dwarka
  • District Court, Karkardooma
  • District Court, Patiala House
  • District Court, Rohini
  • District Court, Saket
  • District Court, Tis Hazari
  • National Commission (NCDRC)
  • National Green Tribunal (NGT)
  • Prevention of Money Laundering Appellate Tribunal
  • Supreme Court Of India

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran

Q: Can I marry a boy who is already married without he taking divorce

Hi, i am --- me n my bf are friends for 2-3yrs in between he had to get marry with other girl due to some family pressure n urgency but he has not shared any physical relation with that girl n v r still in relatioship, now we want to take this relation one step ahead, i am pregnant n we want to get married but the problem is his wife is not ready to leave him even then she knows that he dont love her so plz advice us what do should we do? Would we be able to live together without any hinderence? Plz advice us .........will be your great help!!

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran answered
Without getting divorce from his lawfully married wife he can't marry you. Because the first marriage is still in existence and if the first wife knows about it she can file a complaint against this man for bigamy which is a criminal offence. So better get divorce from the first wife. But what he had done is exploitation. He has exploited you and cheated the first wife. Further the still born baby will be in trouble.

Q: Procedure to transfer of divorce case to a different state.

I am from Bangalore and have a 7 yr old kid.My husband had filed Conjugal rights in Hyderabad.Judge passed the order to stay with him. Although i am staying in my matrimonial home which is in bangalore, my husband has now filed for Divorce in the same court in Hyderabad and I do not want to take a divorce.My question is can I transfer Divorce case to Bangalore from Hyderabad court? I have a child and its real difficult for me to go all the way to Hyderabad. Some say because conjugal rights case was settled in Hyderabad Court so I cannot apply for Transfer to Bangalore. Is it true? Can someone please clarify.

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran answered
You can very well file for Transfer Petition before the Hon'ble Supreme court. There is no barrier if the Conjugal Rights Petition was settled before a court at Hyderabad. Based on your present place of residence and your inability to travel you can approach the Supreme court.

Q: what is the procedure to follow when a person is marked ex-parte

i live in Pune, i cant attend the first date of hearing of DV case in Delhi, i plan to attend the next date, also no lawyer is presenting the case as of now. 1] what is the procedure to follow for absent from the court 2] if i am absent on the first date what negative can happen

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran answered
Immediately you have to contact a lawyer in Delhi so as to know what happened on the last date of hearing in your DV case. Most of the time on the first occasion the court might have simply adjourned the matter and a date might have been given if you don't appear for the first time. But rarely it is not uncommon if the court proceeded the cade ex-parte i.e in your absense. If that happened then you have to move an application to set aside that order and make your submissions through a lawyer.

Q: Need information regarding divorce rules

Please tell me does divorce rules change after marriage is of 7 years?i m being harrassed and mentally tortured but waiting for the right time and also that my kid's session ends.but then it will cover 7 years of marriage.u know my in laws are too cruel.they will never allow me to take my kid and my istridhan.please guide me.kindly answer through message or email.

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran answered
In any matrimonial dispute if the couple are not staying together for more than 7 years then it is a valid ground for divorce since marriage has broken down irretrievably. But in your case there is a mental harassment and that itself is a ground for divorce. so you can file for Divorce under these grounds if you are seeking divorce. If your inlaws are treating you badly and not returning your sridhan then you will have to make complaint under Dowry Harassment Act and Domestic Violence Act as well. As far as the child is minor then you can file a case before the concerned court since in Indian laws mother is the natural guardian of a minor child.

Q: How much is the maternity leave at the MCD hospital

I am working as staff nurse in MCD hospital.maternity leave for contract employees how much days.

Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran answered
As per the maternity benefit ( Amendment) Act, 2016 all women are entitled for a period of 182 days i.e 6 months as maternity leave for their first two children. So even if you are working on contract basis you have a right of availing 6 months as maternity leave.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran

Can Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran?

When you meet with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran?

During your initial consultation with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran?

It is important to communicate with Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran?

The cost of hiring Advocate S. Sethu Mahendran can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.