Necessity of Divorce in case marriage not registered

I married one girl in 2015 in temple in bangalore without our parents.. In front of our friends and advocate.. But we has not registered till now in court.. And we both have all the proofs like marriage photographs and videoes and the witness like my and her friends .but now girl family saying tht they don't know anything about this marriage and this is not legal. And girl is also want to marry someone else.. So why I can do in this situation ..I Am ready to give the divorce but they r not willing to do this .they r just saying to move on so wht is the consequences we need to take divorce or not or without taking divorce we can marry someone else and if we can.. So there will be any problem in future because we both have the proofs as I mentioned

Answers (3)

255 votes

your marriage is not legally valid but u have some photographs and witnesses u have that is as a evidence.both of u can take mutual divorce in the family court after producing the photographs and witnesses and one year must be completed from the date of marriagae in temple.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

137 votes

Dear Client,
Marriage performed in temple with temple receipt is legal in the eye of law. She can't marry with other without giving divorce to you. In the present scenario, if you want to break this marriage, file a divorce and if want to live togeter, file a petition for restitution.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
273 votes

since the marriage has taken place in the temple in presence of common friends and both of you have lived like husband and wife. The marriage is complete and legal. only way to come out of it safely is to have the marriage declared by a competent court as nullified. It is better to file a joint divorce application i the competent family court. otherwise ant subsequent marriage would he illgal.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles