can denial of physical intimacy be a ground for separation

My spouse is denying sex for more than 5 years is it ground for divorce if yes alimony have to pay or not if yes how much my salary is 70000 per month and I have a daughter of 11 years old. Please advice me.

Answers (3)

311 votes

Yes, you can file the divorce petition against your wife relating to this ground but you have to submit strong evidence with the petition to the court. And you have to provide maintainance to your daughter if she is not ready to stay with you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

340 votes

Yes it can be a ground for divorce. However , you should take this practically. Think about the future of your daughter and then move ahead with divorce on such ground. You may be asked to pay one third of your salary to wife and one fifth to your daughter for their maintenance. Also permanent alimony shall be quantified on basis of salary with perks plus the assets that you have less liability of dependent family members.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
123 votes

Yes , denying sex is the ground to get divorce and without sufficient cause denying sex there is no maintenance under section 125 of crpc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My husband wants to annual the marriage under consummate ground keeping other things in mind. Is it possible. Pl answer immediately…

Read More

I & my husband got married in March 2010 as per Hindu Marriage ceremony. We both have been happily married since then. However, January 2017, I fo…

Read More

I got married in 28th January 2000, there were many dispute happen in my home mostly initiated by my wife, she used dispute with my mom, and used go h…

Read More

Hello, Good day.. I (Husband) filled Divorce on adultery ground and filled DNA test, Court granted DNA test order. If order reveals that the baby is n…

Read More