Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Want information about section 506 of IPC

IPC section 506 is bailable or non-bailable offence? (can Police have power to direct arrest to that person?) when there is NC filed u/s 506 then police can have authority or power to arrest a person ?

Answers (1)

Based on the query raised by following is my opinion :

Offence under section 506 is non-cognizable and bailable. There cannot be an FIR of offence u/s 506 only. No power to arrest is goven to police as it is a non-cognizable offence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

 Ipc 308 me thana adhyaksh ko kitne din me medical report hospital se leni hoti h..... N bina medical report ke pratibadi ko pesh karke n chalaan…

Read More

I am a student 21 year old I had a case under IPC 308 and 2 more in 2017 and also went to jail for 3 days . The case is now quashed by mutual settleme…

Read More


Read More

164 statement given by the girl in favour of the parents, in a case under section 366A IPC against me. What can be done now?…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue