Legal procedure to get custody of daughter who is 17 years old

my daughter is 17yrs ld and stays with her dad and grandparents . now that both grandparents are expired and he is not taking care of her properly as to which she contact me and asked me t save her from this situation . kindly guide me that what i can do best to save her and get her custody

It is pointless to initiate any kind of proceeding at this stage unless the situation is very grim and serious for your daughter as in a span of one year your daughter will turn 18 and then she can live with whoever she wants to. All orders of access and custody survive only till children turn 18 as thereafter it is there call who to meet and who to live with.

According to HINDU MINORITY and Guardianship act 1956 said child i below 5 year, the child will be mother custody but in your situation your child age is 17 year here she is minor but she is not child because according to LAW child means below 14 years so now the condition in front of you that how save your child in this condition because grand parents were expired so your husband is not take care do here you do one thing according HINDU MINORITY and Guardianship act 1956 file a suit for taking custody of your child and in that suit you also mentioned all the detail and present condition of the your child then court will give GOOD direction or decision for your child or if you have any confusion about this matter you just contact GOOD Local lawyer who give you best guidance directly for this legal matter.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore

you can ask her husband directly and if je is not ready fr doing so you can issue Him legal notice through Advocate therafter you can approach family court for child custody but in court you have to prove or show u r bonfide and financially sound to care of her and acts of torture by husband aginst u r daughter . ibam of the opinion you will be succeed at this age of u r daughter, because court will look after the girl requirements at this age and who can care of her in all asect.