What is the police's role in cheque bounce case

I given two check of amt 10000 and 30000 to a another party but both cheque goes bounced now they will says to filed a case against me and my brother and father.I want to pay money within 15days bt he Is not giving time and said me to arrested with police so what should I hv to do now.

Answers (3)

315 votes

Fistly you dont have to get panic. Even you can return the amount within 15 days , if he complaint against you in police station , then they will give you chance to present your case. But police cant arrest you for that.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

As per the NI Act it is mandatory to give a legal notice for payment of the amount . Offence only committed when after receipt of the notice And within the prescribed time you failed to pay the amount . Have you received the legal notice ?

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
229 votes

There is no role of police in cheque bouncing cases, if a cheque is bounced then the aggrieved party files a complaint case under sec 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act, n before filing this compliant case party is bound to serve u notice within 30 days from the date on which cheque was bounced, n u have to give reply of that notice within 15 days of receiving the same. Thereafter only he can file the complaint case on which concerned court serves upon u notice/summon to appear before the court on the prescribed date n seek bail by submitting bail bond along with surities. If u do not turn up before the concerned court on the date fixed for hearing, court may also issue bailable warrant n thereafter non bailable warrant also if u continue to abstain from appearing before court. In that case only police will be involved to ensure ur presence in the court to ensure the compliance of non bailable warrant issued against u. But since u want to pay this amount if the opposite party files a complaint case against u, then u can plea before court to send it for mediation.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles