How to escape check bounce case of they put high amount of borrowing

12-Sep-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
One person give me money 1.4lk of 10% interest against black check and blank i already paid to him 2.4lk only interest and then i have unable pay any amount due corona period, then he put 4Lk in the check and submit the bank and my account is closed so check is bounce and he give me a court notice, my question is he give me money 1.4Lk but i already paid interest 2.4Lk but he put 4Lk on the check. How i escape this case
Answers (5)

Answer #1
970 votes
Dear sir, the law is pretty much settled upon this issue. One cannot present a cheque for money more than what he is legally entitled to. The judgement of the Hon'ble Supreme Court titled Dashrathbhai Trikambhai Patel v. Hitesh Mahendrabhai Patel talks about it at length. In short, a reply must be given to his legal notice to raise your preliminary objection which will strengthen your defence on the court as he will file a cheque bounce case against you for sure. If you need assistance with that you may consult me.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
843 votes
Sir, first you have to send a reply of legal notice. Then we would contests your case before the Ldm court supported by an application of 145 Of NIA and then During CW1 We would break the presumption of the court
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
759 votes
You need to directly co sult a lawyer because your inputs are not sufficient to understand and advise you accordingly. If the other party has sent you legal notice for a high amount which you do not owe to him as on date then the same should be replied and later on contested in the case proceedings.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
866 votes
You need to consult a lawyer and brief him with relevant documents to enable him to advise you the strategy going forward. Do clarify is there any agreement that you Will pay him 10% interest. Do also Confirm as to whether you have replied to the legal notice issued by him. For further advise you may connect
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
788 votes
depending on stage of you case need to take few steps. first you receive legal notice plz send reply to legal notice if the case has been filed than summon can be challenged in high court. or you need to good advocate who can fight case properly in the court in trail.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."