quesIs it legal to buy patta land from father? Any complications?

My father has 5 acres of land in Andhra Pradesh. It is patta land and not registered. I want to purchase it from my father. Is there any legal problem if i buy it. It is patta land.

  • ans

    All lands are classified as Agricultural, commercial, Residential, mixing, restricted ,Poromboke land for ex by Govt .

    Patta a valid document to the owner of that land is issued either in single name or joint names if more than 2 plots are covered 
    in such area.

    For govt lands ( and Poromboke lands - no ownership exists ) , Patta will never be issued to individual as it belongs to Govt.

    If anyone fabricates Patta for Govt or Porombokel ands and try to sell to individual,it becomes illegal.

    Hence one should buy Patta land which is certified by Tashildhars and Revenue Officer in respective zone to avoid the legal title
     issue later

    It may be in approved or ump approved sites. One can not get approval from Govt when there is no Patta .
    So , if the land is clear and certified by Tashildars and Reveune officer, you can buy the said land and get the same registered 
    alongwith Patta transfers forms

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir I want to buy a resale flat which is more than 5 years…
we have agreement done on 21 dec 2016 regarding buying house of rs.51.50 lac...we paid…
Dear Sir/Mam. I recently heard a situation regarding the Agriculture Land. Mr X sold a…
My dad got a gifted property through d registered gift deed from his mom (my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly