Is it legal to buy patta land from father? Any complications?
My father has 5 acres of land in Andhra Pradesh. It is patta land and not registered. I want to purchase it from my father. Is there any legal problem if i buy it. It is patta land.
All lands are classified as Agricultural, commercial, Residential, mixing, restricted ,Poromboke land for ex by Govt .
Patta a valid document to the owner of that land is issued either in single name or joint names if more than 2 plots are covered
in such area.
For govt lands ( and Poromboke lands - no ownership exists ) , Patta will never be issued to individual as it belongs to Govt.
If anyone fabricates Patta for Govt or Porombokel ands and try to sell to individual,it becomes illegal.
Hence one should buy Patta land which is certified by Tashildhars and Revenue Officer in respective zone to avoid the legal title
It may be in approved or ump approved sites. One can not get approval from Govt when there is no Patta .
So , if the land is clear and certified by Tashildars and Reveune officer, you can buy the said land and get the same registered
alongwith Patta transfers forms
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Police not taking any action after filing a complaint. What can i do?
- Father wants to sale the flat but I want to stay can I object ?
- Husband put false allegations on wife what action can be taken
- Husband forcing for mutual divorce what can i do to protect myself
- Can a company be held liable for wrong done by another company