Is it legal to buy patta land from father? Any complications?

My father has 5 acres of land in Andhra Pradesh. It is patta land and not registered. I want to purchase it from my father. Is there any legal problem if i buy it. It is patta land.

All lands are classified as Agricultural, commercial, Residential, mixing, restricted ,Poromboke land for ex by Govt .

Patta a valid document to the owner of that land is issued either in single name or joint names if more than 2 plots are covered 
in such area.

For govt lands ( and Poromboke lands - no ownership exists ) , Patta will never be issued to individual as it belongs to Govt.

If anyone fabricates Patta for Govt or Porombokel ands and try to sell to individual,it becomes illegal.

Hence one should buy Patta land which is certified by Tashildhars and Revenue Officer in respective zone to avoid the legal title
 issue later

It may be in approved or ump approved sites. One can not get approval from Govt when there is no Patta .
So , if the land is clear and certified by Tashildars and Reveune officer, you can buy the said land and get the same registered 
alongwith Patta transfers forms