What all documents should we look for while buying a Flat?
We are looking to buy a 1 BHK housing board flat in sec-54, Suncity, Gurgaon. This is alloted by HUDA. Our agent will give us the following documents. Please confirm if these documents are Ok.
Registered GPA till allotment, once allotment will be done Registry will be done.
Housing Board Papers
Triplicate Set of All Documents All ID and Address proof related documents of sellers
Self Declaration in own handwriting
Original allotment letter having registration number of allotted flat
All documents appear to be ok but please confirm if there is no restriction inposed by HUDA on transfer to the third party by the original allottee, as you do not appear to be the original allottee. This practice exists in Housing board colony flats.
If there is no such condition, HUDA will issue a new allotment letter in your name by treating this as a transfer case, charging the transfer fees. As no conveyance deed has been executed by HUDA till date in the name of the original allotee, the conveyance deed will be executed by HUDA directly in your name.
The documents like 'Will' or 'GPA' are useless as sale of property by GPA has been banned by the Supreme Court of India in case titled Suraj Lamps vs State of Haryana.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Signing an agreement of 1.5 crores with on stamp paper is it valid
- Procedure to transfer property in wife's name
- Wife pregnant before marriage on what grounds can i file divorce.
- Can son claim share in property given to mother by her in-laws ?
- Can successor sell a property without transfer to him/her