quesWhat all documents should we look for while buying a Flat?

We are looking to buy a 1 BHK housing board flat in sec-54, Suncity, Gurgaon. This is alloted by HUDA. Our agent will give us the following documents. Please confirm if these documents are Ok.


Registered GPA till allotment, once allotment will be done Registry will be done.

Housing Board Papers

Transfer Papers

Sellers WILL

Triplicate Set of All Documents All ID and Address proof related documents of sellers

Self Declaration in own handwriting

Original allotment letter having registration number of allotted flat

  • ans

    All documents appear to be ok but please confirm if there is no restriction inposed by HUDA on transfer to the third party by the original allottee, as you do not appear to be the original allottee. This practice exists in Housing board colony flats.


    If there is no such condition, HUDA will issue a new allotment letter in your name by treating this as a transfer case, charging the transfer fees. As no conveyance deed has been executed by HUDA till date in the name of the original allotee, the conveyance deed will be executed by HUDA directly in your name.


    The documents like 'Will' or 'GPA' are useless as sale of property by GPA has been banned by the Supreme Court of India  in case titled Suraj Lamps vs State of Haryana.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I appeared for rajasthan administrative services but could not passed the exams just by 12…

i am from Mumbai and getting married to Hyderabad based girl from same community on…
I did a court marriage on February 23, 2015. I want to change my surname…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly