will wife have right to stay in husband house after divorce is filed?
Will the wife have right to stay in husband's house once divorce case is submitted and till when does the wife have right to reside in husband's house? Also after divorce registration does husband have to give accommodation besides alimony?
Legally a wife can stay with her husband or at his place of residence even if a petition for divorce has been filed by her against him or by him against her. However both the parties should not cohabit with each other and stay in different room.
Further after divorce decree , i depends, what you wife prayed for maintenance . Usually the alimony is the full and final settlement and that husband is not required to provide separate residence.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Snapdeal not giving a return request what action to take against them
- How to file for divorce if wife filed criminal cases against my family
- Husband is loan defaulter can I take divorce
- Widow sold property to me but her children are not giving NOC
- Abetment to suicide case registered can it be take back or compromised