Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can a husband be forced to leave house owned by wife

Hi Sir / Mam I am leaving in an aprtment owoned by my wife , who had returned from Canada on 31.3.2018 after 2 years there from 2016 , meanwhile my childs 13 years male and 2 years female under custody with her parents , i am living lonly for past 2 years in the apartment , where she is paying EMI for the Housing loan thru direct bank debit from her account , now she threatnes me with her parents to vacate the house and not willing to continue life with me. I want to live with her for sake of Childs , but she stubbornd in her decesion and i want to get advice that , can she forcibly vacate me from the house thru local threatns and by Police?

Answers (2)

Now where is your wife living? Is she living with you in the apartment? As long as you are the husband she cannot ask you to get out of the house.If she is living in her parents house then you should file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. You ask the court to pass orders asking your wife to live with you. In that way, she cannot throw you out of the house. If you need any further assistance kindly contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Sir,
In case of divorce being granted by court between you and your wife, you might have to leave the apartment. But if you wish to continue the relationship, you can file the petition for the same. But locals or police can't ask you to vacate.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I had written a complaint to the Himachal High Court for obtaining the custody of my father for his treatment. Today, I received a reply by post from …

Read More

I am having 3 year old child. Being a father, I need her custody.And I need separation from my wife. But I cant let her my child go. I stay in USA now…

Read More

I am married and a mother of 8 month old baby. My marriage was in the year 2014. First issue was in the name of gold. It was kept under the custody of…

Read More

Hi I am Hindu. My wife left matrimonial home along with 7 month old girl. She has taken transfer without my consent as she is in SBI. At present infan…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue