My Builder Has Delayed Possession Of My Property

Builder has delayed excessively possession of my flat in ghaziabad. Even not replied to my legal notice given to him a month back. What should be my course of action

Answers (3)

155 votes

approach the consumer court/real estate regulatory authority with your complaint against the builder. you may opt to seek refund of your deposit or the possession with penal interest from the builder for delay occassioned in handing over the project

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

202 votes

Your course of action will be to file the complaint in Rera or/and in consumer forum of the concerned jurisdiction...RERA will help you to take the necessary actions against the builder. RERA is very much effective in disputes between builders and BUYERS
Thank you

Popular RERA Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
332 votes

you have two options and you have to decide whether you want to get possession of the flat or you want to refund all the money paid by you to the builder. In my opinion you should file a petition under Consumer protection for the relief sought by you. you can get refund along with interest or get possession of the flat with interest for delay in possession. you can contact me for further details discussion. I am practicing at Ghaziabad District Court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the RERA Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."