Legal procedure for recovery of money lent to brother in law

hello. My problem is regarding the money issue. I have lend some money to my Brother in law at a promise that he fill repay it. total amount was Rs.75000 (approx.) some amount was in cash Rs. 10000 and some was in the form of money invested in bike Rs 45000 given as cash. and Rs 25000 into his bank a/c I have given this amount to him via my husband as at that time he was also working with him in his retail store since 2 years. now he(my husband) is doing his own job from past 8 months. now when we ask my brother in law to return our money back as we are in urgent need.. he is refusing to pay it by saying that it was the investment by my husband.. he is also telling many lies of here and there. please help with the matter, Thanks

Answers (3)

260 votes

madam, you need to send a legal notice immediately to your brother in law, also file a criminal case of cheating, breach of trust, misappropriation of funds and forgery against him, it is pivotal the complaint be proper so that the police takes action. kindly contact a good lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

127 votes

You may file Suit for Recovery of Money in appropriate District Court as per the territorial jurisdiction. Documents/ proof would be required for the transactions like bank entry of Rs. 25000 and for the total amount including any other proof to establish friendly loan. You may also, opt for Pre Litigation Mediation in case, you feel it can be settled by interference of a third party who would be a neutral person.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
347 votes

You can send a legal notice to him asking the money and if still no reply is given in 15 days you can file a suit in the civil court having jurisdiction and on the first date of hearing notice will be issued from court to the defendant

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles