Neighbor preventing to construct window in front of his house.

Hi I am hindu and my neighbour is also. My question is that i am making windows on my First floor of my house in back side of my house And in front of neighbor's house But he is preventing me to do this saying that it is not legal. I want your kind suggestion what i have to do.

You don't tell me that your neighbor is constricting to close your window. Then your neighbor cannot prevent you if you have only this way for sun light and fresh air this is your right to get it .it is a right to eassemet to get this.

First of all the religion that u practise has got nothing to do with the construction plan of your house.

Secondly, every map of construction site in any city is approved by the develooement authority of that city- in respect of which certian development/construction norms have been laid down.

If the window which is the matter of the present dispute forms a part of the sanctioned plan, please go ahead with constructing the same- in any other case I would need to go through the sanctioned plans and the map to advise you in a more comprehensive manner

It is necessary to remember that there is no such thing as a natural right of privacy recognised by the law anywhere in India. It is only a customary easement arising by virtue of a local custom as provided by section 18 of the Indian easement act 1882. section 18 of the Indian easement act . Which reads as follows make it quite clear that a right of privacy can be acquired as a customary easement hence your neighbour can file a suit for restraining window in front of his house.