Claim of muslim daughter over father's property

I am married muslim lady , I have two brothers, I want to claim my Rightful share in father property .

Answers (4)

187 votes

According to muslim law you can file a succession suit for a rightful share in your ancestors property received by your father. For more accurate advice you havr to provide complete information regarding your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

I am assuming you are sunni, therefore as per the applicable hanfi shariat law you are entitled for 1/3rd of the property of your father. Your brothers shall also be entitled of equal share from the rest of the 2/3rd property.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
13 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
7 years Experience
204 votes

Hi, yes of course u can claim ur share on ur father property , You have legal right on your father property, Long time back even Muslim personal law given daughter right on her father property, now its law for daughter share on her father property.

221 votes

Yes , you can claim property share from your father. But I want know few points to give you more clear reply-

Are you sunni or Shia?
Are you married?
Is your father alive?
How many wives your father have?
Is your mother alive?
The share you want to claim, is your father's property or ancestral property?
Are you employed?

After getting all about answers,I can better guide you ; how to claim your share?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles