Can wife take KHULA and remarry to other person amid RCR and 498a

In Muslim Law Law
I got married in February and my wife left just after two months in May. She denied it when I asked her to join me. She has filed an FIR against ne with IPC sec, 498a, 504, 506, DP3/4 and charge sheet is pending in court and the proceeding has not been started yet. Now she is asking me to give talaq on which I denied. Then she is asking to take KHULA by sending me a notice through register post and marry with other person for whom she left me. Can she take Divorce Islamicaly through KHULA notice and remarry to other person amid RCR and498a cases.

Answers (1)

146 votes

no there is a proper procedure for taking khula
what she did is totally wrong you inform the court regarding her action and file and counter FIR stating bigamy.
she is legally your wife and she cannot marry anybody else like this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles