Rights of landlord in Pagdi system

Our tenant is paying Rs200 rent for a property which has a current market rent of more than 60-70k . The tenant has multiple properties in the same area and rarely uses our property. In the terms of discussion he demands 2/3rd of the current market price of the property in return for eviction. Is he legally allowed to charge such obnoxious amount? The tenant does not pay charges for repair or even the property tax. What are the ways or the amount to settle is such cases? The court cases takes decades for any concrete judgement

Answers (2)

142 votes

Yes you are right that court cases takes decades for any concrete Judgment but there is a saying that sooner you start sooner you get.
Prima faice you have no other option expect to file a case for eviction or atleast send him a eviction notice ( after discusing with you advocate since such cases should be handled carefully).
Then there may be a case that your tenant will settle it as per your terms and conditions or something in between.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

177 votes

I have perused the contents of your query and would advise you to seek a detailed consultancy from a lawyer having expertise in property matters. It is advisable to raise a dispute formally with regard to eviction by issuance of an eviction notice followed by a Suit for eviction.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."