Rental agreement of father in law's property without Wife's consent.

The house is under the nameof my father-in-law died in 2003 before our marriage.from 2003 to 2013 we lived in that house(ground floor) later we shifted to first floor.after that we started a playschool in 2013 and run it for 3 years under a firm.later without my consent my husband suddenly given the house for rent.bcz of my health problems i want to move back to ground floor.But my husband is not listening can i vocate the tenant without my husbands concern.we have two minor kids .my husband is the only son to my in-laws.

Answers (3)

245 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate @

You have to file eviction suit against your tenant on ground that your tenant entered into agreement with wrong person such agreement is null and void, you will successful evict your tenant on the court direction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

Your husband having all rights on the property. Only thing you can do that make your husband to understand your problem. You can indirectly tell the tenant to vacate the premises. Explaining the problems.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
130 votes

First thing here is that your mother-in-law as well as your husband are the only legal heir and they are entitle over the property and as you cannot have any claim so you cannot do anything for vacating the tenant.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."