landlord not returning security deposit

Its been a couple of months that I have taken a flat for rent, the rent amount being INR 11000 and the advance amount being INR 45000.Due to some unforeseen events, I am going back to my hometown. As per the rent agreement, either party has to notify 2 months in advance before vacating the flat.I already informed the landlord that I would be vacating the flat in the 1st week of June, thereby serving a month's notice period. another tenant came and said that he is willing to move in June.However the landlord is stating that since I have stayed for such a short period, he will deduct my security

Does your lease agreement states that if you stay for short period landlord will deduct the Secuirty Deposit? Was there a lock in period? 

If there is no lock in period then you can send a legal notice to the tenant thereby demanding your security deposit and thereafter file a suit for recovery.

Does your lease agreement states that if you stay for short period landlord will deduct the Secuirty Depost? Was there a lock in period?

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers