What can be done if vendor doesn't provide service under a contract

We selected the website developer to build a website for us, we both the parties signed the written contract with terms such as what would vendor provide us and how would we release the payment as per schedule. We paid the vendor as per the contract even vendor didn't deliver what was promised in the contract. Still we paid to keep the momentum going, after getting the payment second time from us, they stopped working on our website without any notice, they used to say that the developer is on leave or out of town, sometime they used to say that whatever the amount we have paid they have delivered for the value or sometime they say that we are asking for upgraded features, but they never used to share what are those upgraded features we are asking for? Now they have sent another quotation and asking us to pay more if we want our website. They are not talking about the contract which was signed in sep2017 with their stamp on it. What action can we take against them?

Answers (2)

127 votes

Legal options are always available for you as the website developer did not comply with the norms of the contract. All legal action can only be taken once notice has been served upon the entity or individual you wish to take to court. It is only this process that legalizes bringing a matter to the court. This intimation sent is known as legal notice. A legal notice is therefore a formal communication to a person or an entity, informing the other party of your intention to undertake legal proceedings against him. This notice, when sent, conveys your intention prior to the legal proceedings and thus makes the party aware of the grievance. Many a times, a legal notice is served will bring the other party on heels and the problem can resolved out of court too, with fruitful discussions on both sides. And if the other party is still not heeding to the grievance, one can always start the court proceedings after a particular interval, as stated by law.
You can also lodge a police complaint in the nearest police station narrting all the facts of the problem.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

see concerning about your dealing with the company you have to heads open to yourself as you entered into a registered agreement with the company, what 1st you can do is file suit for specific performance of contract for furthering with the terms of the contract entered between you and the company AND the second option is, you cant file a complaint in the local police station of forgery and cheating as well you have the remedy available.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles