Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure for cancellation of PF & ESI registration by a company

Ours is a Pvt. Ltd. Company and our Works is closed and machineries are going to be sold as scrap and Labour is being settled. No Office staff as all of them have resigned. We intend to run the Company for trading without any employee. Could we get our PF and ESI registration cancelled.

Answers (3)

No the PF and the ESIC registration can be cancelled but can only be surrendered for its permanent closure. You need to apply before the ESIC and PF Commissioner from where you obtained registration. Apart, you also need to keep ready all your PF and ESIC data as for sure the concerned Inspectors will do inspection before closing it and after getting satisfaction that there is no outstanding or discrepancy/ies the concerned Branch officer will order for its closure.
It will be better if you could consult a consultant as this is time taking and lengthy process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Are you aware of the legal provisions pertaining to EPF Act & ESI Act.As per your query, you are not going to close down your business Establishment.If you carry on trading business, it is not advisable to surrender your EPF & ESI Registration as you may have to outsource whole or part of the Jobs for which you would be required to comply with those statutory provisions for your business interests.As long as you are not playing role of Employer/Principal Employer/Immediate Employer , you are required to file 'Nil returns only.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Naturally, registration under the EPF Act for Employees Provident can't be cancelled unless the legal death of company. But your case may be viewed differently by regional PF office concerned if you pray for closure and undertake that there's no employee left and no one else will be appointed later on by your company. The PF Commissioner may revoke the registration accordingly. All the best. Regards

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 799
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2999
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Hi I am working in startup it company, and I joined here in June 2017. I appreciated by client for good and quality work. Still i am in probation. I r…

Read More

R/sir, I have a small query My father died in 2012, he was employee of N.F.L., Panipat unit without any specified will of Property and still have PF w…

Read More

a lady got divorced in 2013 and applied for govt job in divorced quota in 2013 but got job in 2015 due to govt sluggish policy. She got married in 201…

Read More

My boss threatened me that he will impose false charges on me and will file a case against me. Is this a crime? What can i do. I am mentally upset reg…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue