×

Procedure for cancellation of PF & ESI registration by a company

Ours is a Pvt. Ltd. Company and our Works is closed and machineries are going to be sold as scrap and Labour is being settled. No Office staff as all of them have resigned. We intend to run the Company for trading without any employee. Could we get our PF and ESI registration cancelled.

No the PF and the ESIC registration can be cancelled but can only be surrendered for its permanent closure. You need to apply before the ESIC and PF Commissioner from where you obtained registration. Apart, you also need to keep ready all your PF and ESIC data as for sure the concerned Inspectors will do inspection before closing it and after getting satisfaction that there is no outstanding or discrepancy/ies the concerned Branch officer will order for its closure.
It will be better if you could consult a consultant as this is time taking and lengthy process.

Are you aware of the legal provisions pertaining to EPF Act & ESI Act.As per your query, you are not going to close down your business Establishment.If you carry on trading business, it is not advisable to surrender your EPF & ESI Registration as you may have to outsource whole or part of the Jobs for which you would be required to comply with those statutory provisions for your business interests.As long as you are not playing role of Employer/Principal Employer/Immediate Employer , you are required to file 'Nil returns only.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Naturally, registration under the EPF Act for Employees Provident can't be cancelled unless the legal death of company. But your case may be viewed differently by regional PF office concerned if you pray for closure and undertake that there's no employee left and no one else will be appointed later on by your company. The PF Commissioner may revoke the registration accordingly. All the best. Regards