Is police complaint possible against a firm who is not paying salary?

I am working with a consultancy since the last three months. But now my company is not giving my salary & incentives. All the time they are making excuses. I am really fed up of their false promises. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Can I file a police case against the company?

Answers (1)

155 votes

You can approach the concerned grievance redressal body (if any) in your company as well as your HR Department. Provide them with the documentary proof of your joining & attendance. Make a written representation to the Managing Director / CEO of your company stating your financial hardships.

Filing a police complaint is not required as it will frustrate your objective. If your company teams as mentioned in the paragraph above fail to act on your representation then you can avail further legal advice and action, which comprises of sending them a Legal notice followed by filing a civil recovery suit in case the notice does not get you the desired relief.

How can a lawyer help?

When dealing with an employment-related matter, it is always recommended to take help of a labour and service lawyer who is an expert in employment and service issues. He can guide you with the steps to be taken forward and can also assist you with your issue legally. Being an expert on the laws a lawyer can guide you as to what measures can be taken to legally tackle your issue.

What happens if the issue is not resolved?

Fraud by companies has become a common occurrence in India. Promise to pay salaries and then denying from same has given rise to several employment-related issues. In addition to this, laws related to the recovery of money in India are also time-bound and if timely action is not taken you might not have a remedy left in your case. Thus, it is advisable to consult a lawyer at the earliest and take steps necessary to tackle your legal issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles