Advice on procedure to break bond of service by paying bond money

wb have 1 yr/10 lakhs as post PG bond . I want to break the bond by payment as i dont want to work here but state govt is not letting me pay the money and forcing me to continue with 1 yr bond ..what can i do ..i have already approched  high court but they are trying to raise the issue of maintainance and shift this case to SAT ..kindly help me they want to drag this case ..they have kept by certificates whithout which I cant practice

Answers (2)

328 votes

The West Bengal Administrative Tribunal Act provides that the dispute with respect to civil service under the Government of West Bengal shall be adjudicated by our SAT Salt Lake, though that has specified as well that the service disputes which may be looked into and governed by the Hon'ble High Court. Your matter must be going on before the Court of Hon'ble J. Dr. Sambuddha Chakrabarti, however the point of maintainability shall be adjudicated by the said Hon'ble Court, but rest assure, since your service condition stipulates either one year bond or 10 lakhs, hence you must have the right to opt for the later one. In one of my matter of a case of a Doctor under the Government of West Bengal similar relief has been granted by The Hon'ble Court and she was relieved by permitting her to make payment of the amount. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

The State Government cannot force anyone beyond the employees’ wishes. The employment bond is a contract which has to be enforced without undue influence from either of the party. Please note that they cannot force you to not to make the payment but only can request you.
I don’t think that the case is maintainable in the Calcutta high court as the high court generally send these type of cases to SAT unless a fundamental right is infringed.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles