What is the maximum and minimum court gives maintenance to wife

My govt salary is 63000, my wife kept 498A & 3,4 DPC. Now she filed Cr P. C. 125. My wife (25yrs) - 25k, my daughter(3yrs )12.5k, my son (2yrs) 12.5 K, now I received summons from family court. I want to Resign my job. Maximum & minimum maintainace sanctioned by court. How do I live with peace.

Answers (3)

280 votes

Sir, Your question is not clear as your wife has filed DVC and Now Maintenance case against you.
Have you already resigned the Job? and whether your wife is earning?
There is no maximum and minimum maintenance in the eye of law at the discretion of the court. Normally courts grant 1/3 of salary of husband as maintenance if wife files petition for it in court and It is after your deductions in salaries on the net salary court awards maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

Hi accordingly to your query no need to worry about your job and summons defend them court will see all the evidences which they produced and accordingly they will issue the maintenance orders, hire a counsel and file the answer accordingly what they stated in their petition so for further clarification you can call as at any time.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
163 votes

Minimum is 3500 to wife and 2500 to children and maximum is 15 k and it is decided by looking at your salary certificate and if the court has been impartial with you you can go to high court and the high court will shrink the maintenance for sure. Dont resign tour job and fight the case 498 A is not so powerful theses days and maximum cases the wifes file with fake allegations so hire a good lawyer to defend your case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."