Want to file for defamation against wife for filing DV case against me

Can i file defamation case against my wife...if dv case under process...she withdrew list of witnesses as relatives after 7 years...its hurts my reputation in the society.

Answers (4)

sir if your D.V case disposed off in your favor then it will automatically gives a ground to file a defamation and malicious prosecution against your wife and you can file a defamation case against your wife after that.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes Sir, you can file a defamation case against your wife even if the DV case is under process but you will have to substantiate your claim for loss of reputation by proving that whatever your wife has said to hurt your reputation is false. Usually in DV cases, a wife makes false allegations to support her claim. If those allegations are limited to the Court then it does not amount to defamation but if she has been spreading the word in the public including your relatives harming your pride she is liable for defamation.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Hello !!
Firstly you have what allegations/ imputations made by your wife against you.
Yes !!
You can file defamation case aganist your depending upon the allegations

Defamation case can be of civil or criminal nature

As I understand, the case is still sub judice. Law of defamation runs on a different tangent. Unless the case is decided, the ground for defamation is not made out.

You may opt to file a case of Malicious Prosecution the provision whereof is provided in criminal law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I'm the only son and caregiver of my abusive old father but I am unable to care for him physically anymore. My father is financially independent a…

Read More

my brothers father in law is lodged complaint against him as 498a case. as well he filed my name also. i never meet him after my bother marrige and he…

Read More

Iam married, it's been for 18 months now, and iam 6 month pregnant, I am facing lot of harassment from husband and his family. I am having tuff ti…

Read More

very very bad relationship with me , continuous disturb in midnight to my old parents , he also a spyco patient.. need advice.. as he want to sign doc…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue