Want to file for defamation against wife for filing DV case against me

Can i file defamation case against my wife...if dv case under process...she withdrew list of witnesses as relatives after 7 years...its hurts my reputation in the society.

sir if your D.V case disposed off in your favor then it will automatically gives a ground to file a defamation and malicious prosecution against your wife and you can file a defamation case against your wife after that.

Yes Sir, you can file a defamation case against your wife even if the DV case is under process but you will have to substantiate your claim for loss of reputation by proving that whatever your wife has said to hurt your reputation is false. Usually in DV cases, a wife makes false allegations to support her claim. If those allegations are limited to the Court then it does not amount to defamation but if she has been spreading the word in the public including your relatives harming your pride she is liable for defamation.

Hello !!
Firstly you have what allegations/ imputations made by your wife against you.
Yes !!
You can file defamation case aganist your depending upon the allegations

Defamation case can be of civil or criminal nature

As I understand, the case is still sub judice. Law of defamation runs on a different tangent. Unless the case is decided, the ground for defamation is not made out.

You may opt to file a case of Malicious Prosecution the provision whereof is provided in criminal law.