Husband not providing sufficient amount for living after separation

My husband and I seperated last year. We signed a seperation document and I specified that I will need 30k every month. We have a joint account which is his pension account. He has a card for it but i do not since I will need his signatures for the same. From the last few months he has not been leaving enough money in the account. He leaves about 12-13 thousand only which is not enough for me and my daughter. This month he took out all the money. I would like to know a legal way through which i can sort this out once and for all.

Answers (3)

94 votes

There is no clarity as to whether joint memo was signed before the court. If it is, then you can approach the court and file application request court order.

If it is a outside court understanding, then you have to file case for maintenance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

It's not a legal separation whether you were separated by court order that is valid..but on that documents supporting to take maintenance from your should file suit for maintenance under the protection of women domestic act

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
75 votes

halo madem, you are not mentioned how you separated from your husband. whether through court are not. you have said that a separation document, but it is what kind not mentioned. if you are legally separated from your husband u have the remedies. only understanding document is not valid in eye of law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."