Wife harassing me

We've been married for about 3 years. I have lost all faith in my wife and this marriage. There is no physical contact with her. She is waiting for a child and then she has all her plans to harass me and my parents as she knows I am the only son of my parents. She had also defamed me by calling in my office and putting allegations of extra marital affairs on me. She has threatened me for committing suicide and always says that I am torturing her and harassing her.

I have asked for a mutual divorce but she never agrees but now I really don't want to continue with her in any way. She had gone to mahila mandal to file a complaint but she herself was found faulty and was asked for counselling. Now please tell me without my consent can Law force me for a physical relation with my wife? Till now whatever she has done doesn't it come under harassment against me?

What's the best step for me to take now? She wants to come back to me now but I have stopped her, till when can I stop her?

Answers (1)

82 votes
It is better to go for a divorce as it seems that there is no possibility of settlement. Further as far as legal action is concerned. She definitely has more rights than you. Obviously nobody can force you to have any relation with her.

A fight for divorce will not be easy for you as it will take your money and time. Try to go for a mutual settlement, probably that will be an easy way for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles